These include further adjustments to account for the changes and new systems present in 2.1 plus some smaller improvements:
- Both XFRM and XFMG now have basic API support.
- Both XFRM and XFMG now support auto marking some alerts as read when viewing relevant pages.
- XFRM external download buttons are now visually different from local download buttons.
- When a moderator deletes an XFRM resource, a public delete reason can be provided.
- XFRM categories now have a "Enable support URL" option which can enable/disable the support URL field.
- XFRM now allows you to manually set, change or remove the associated discussion thread on a per-resource basis.
- XFRM now supports page-level criteria (for notices etc.) for individual resource categories.
- XFRM now tracks and displays resource views.
- XFMG has re-introduced a configurable limit for the maximum length of media/album titles and descriptions.
- XFMG has re-introduced an option to control the default view privacy of a personal album (now defaults to public).
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 5.6 or newer (PHP 7.2 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (MySQL 5.7/8.0 or equivalent recommended)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.1.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
If you are already running XenForo 2.1.0, you will be pleased to know that you can easily upgrade to this version using the new One-click upgrades system. If you would like to do this, remember to uncheck the "Only check for stable upgrades" option in Options > Basic board information.
Otherwise, full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo manual.
Note that the official add-ons must be upgraded after upgrading to XenForo 2.1.
Please remember that this is beta/preview software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend or support running beta software in a production environment. Support for beta releases is limited to questions here on the community forums.