Prism AntiVirus automatically submits uploaded post attachments to the VirusTotal public API for scanning.
- Marks clean files with a link to the VirusTotal results page
- Marks infected files with a link to the VirusTotal results page
- Prevents infected files being downloaded by users
- Alerts moderators to the infected file with an approval queue item
- Moderators able to approve an infected attachment if required or hard delete it
- Limited to 4 attachments per minute
Submitting items to the VirusTotal API means uploaded files are sent to the VirusTotal server and are thus available for analysis by the VirusTotal community. Do not attach sensitive or secure information accordingly.
This addon was created as a Proof of concept and has limited functionality/options. As such further development will be community demand driven. Potential enhancements for consideration include:
- Blacklist/Whitelist file types for scanning
- User group Blacklist/Whitelist
- Node Include/Exclude for scanning
- Resources Manager file scanning
Who/What is Prism?
Prism is an exiting new collaborative of proven individuals and companies who are focusing on providing high quality services and support for XenForo board owners. An official announcement thread will be available soon, however Prism will be offering Hosting, Styling, Custom Addon Development, Import Services, Monthly Maintenance Services and more.